Simple Striped Blue Pillowcase
Size | 65 x 65 cm
Pattern details | Cotton fabric mix from my stash
I made this a while back but never got around to blogging about it. It was subsequently upload onto Facebook and I forgot all about it until today. Oops.
Anyway, this is my first time sewing something other than quilts for the house. It was a simple patchwork-styled pillowcase for the sofabed in my office. My hubby wanted something that would contrast with the red cover – he always wants something contrasting and bright. Me? I like things to go together, fit well. Needless to say, he thinks he has a better colour palate than I do. Bah.
Going back to the pillowcase, well, for the fabrics, I dipped into my stash. These colours and design were originally planned for my handsewn booties, which didn’t kick start due to a lot of issues with the sizing and pattern. They ended up sitting in the cupboard for a while and didn’t fit in any of the quilt colour schemes that I had. Since the hubby wanted something blue, I decided to destash.
I wouldn’t say it looks awful but I don’t think it looks that fantastic either. Will probably relook at the technical aspects of the design before I attempt another pillowcase. Talk about complicating something as simple as this! Heh.