Nearly done.

I’ve just completed about 50gms of the Sugar Pie roving which I started in August – yes, I know…but dyeing for the shop was more important! Anyway, I picked an unfortunate time because ALL my A2 rechargeable batteries decided to die on me, leaving me pictureless. Bahhumbug.

So, back to the spinning. I’ve churned out a decent amount of single on this – over 400 metres! – which will be fabulous for a scarflette that I have in mind as a Christmas gift. With another 60 over grams of roving left, I’m sure this merino-alpaca-silk concoction will be handy for a 2-ply or another batch of laceweight singles.

While it’s drying out, I’m trying to figure out what exactly I would like to do with the merino-soy-bamboo roving I got from Ewe Give Me The Knits! The blueish-teal-gold colours are very lovely and I don’t mind spinning it up as a single but I fear that I might get bored of laceweight singles. Then again, it’s pretty hard to get bored of spinning. XD

Pics to come soon, I promise! In the meantime, I’m off to start on this very lovely batch of fibre! 8)

Oh, if you haven’t done this, I’d recommend you take up this tip – change all your light fixtures and bulbs to energy saving ones! It’ll definitely have an impact on your electricity bill!!!

You may also like

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *