Do I have to say it? I LOVE cooking!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The ability to experiment, the moment when you see your results before you – steaming hot and fresh from the oven/pot…it’s surreal yet uplifting…
This definitely beats having frozen pizzas for dinner/lunch! XD
Homemade Gooey Pizza
(A) For the dough
240 gms semi-white flour
120 ml warm water
1/2 tbsp olive oil
3/4 tsp salt
Slightly less than 1/2 tsp instant yeast
(B) The topping
Smoked pork belly
- Prepare (A) by following the bread machine’s instructions OR mix all together by hand and knead for 20 minutes before allowing the dough to rise for an hour.
- Finely slice the smoked pork belly into thin strips and do the same with the onions, fresh mushrooms and cheese.
- When the dough is ready, roll out thinly and place on a lightly floured pan or aluminium foil, drizzle olive oil on the top and bake in a preheated oven at 220 C for five minutes.
- Remove the pizza base from the oven and spread the pesto sauce over the dough before topping it with the rest of the ingredients ending with the cheese.
- Drizzle some olive oil over the top and sprinkle some cracked black pepper on the top before baking in the oven at 200 C until the crust turns golden brown.
- Serve as is with beer and/or Tabasco sauce.