A trip to the French Embassy churned out the following information:
- It takes about one month to get a Single Status Letter required by JPN for marriages.
- In order to get that letter, you and your partner will need to go for a medical check-up.
- Non-Frenchies will have to get their birth certificates and IC translated.
- The Single Status Letter will need to be translated into English for JPN.
- Upon getting married, the French authorities require a copy of the certificate (original) and translated.
In total, I’ll be looking at making at least five trips to the Embassy. I won’t even start on how much the whole endeavour will cost.