Memes are always fantastic for a quick get-to-know session. Unfortunately, they can be stupendously long. Well, you can’t win them all.
1. ARE YOU A YARN SNOB (DO YOU PREFER HIGHER QUALITY AND/OR NATURAL FIBERS)? DO YOU AVOID RED HEART AND LION BRAND? OR IS IT ALL THE SAME TO YOU?
Right now, I don’t print money for a living so I’m pretty much stuck with commercial brands. It’s sad. I know.
2. DO YOU SPIN? CROCHET?
No, no spinning…yet. Crochet? Yup. Why not? Except that I’m pretty slow at it. Somehow I prefer knitting.
3. DO YOU HAVE ANY ALLERGIES? (SMOKE, PETS, FIBERS, PERFUME, ETC.)
Just to calamari and that’s only if I eat an indecent amount of it. Otherwise, everything else sits pretty well with me.
4. HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN KNITTING?
Since 2003 but I only started seriously a few months back.
5. DO YOU HAVE AN AMAZON OR OTHER ONLINE WISH LIST?
Naturally…but the list is boringly filled with knitting stuff.
6. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE SCENT? (FOR CANDLES, BATH PRODUCTS ETC.)
I’m a fruity, food person so vanilla, mango, passionfruit and caramel are my favourites. Nothing too sweet like strawberry or blueberry. Tickles my nose.
7. DO YOU HAVE A SWEET TOOTH?
Not really. I love butterscotch (Famous Amos butterscotch pecan!) but dislike chocolate. Candy is something I take once in a blue moon.
8. WHAT OTHER CRAFTS OR DO-IT-YOURSELF THINGS DO YOU LIKE TO DO?
Origami (stars, hearts, etc)…simple painting (most photo frames)…baking…
9. WHAT KIND OF MUSIC DO YOU LIKE? CAN YOUR COMPUTER/STEREO PLAY MP3S?
Lets see…anything slow, comforting, soothing… New Age, jazz, oldies and ballads are the way to go for me. Current song of the moment? She by Engelbert Humperdinck. Yes, I’m an old-fashioned gal.
10. WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE COLOR? OR–DO YOU HAVE A COLOR FAMILY/SEASON/PALETTE YOU PREFER? ANY COLORS YOU JUST CAN’T STAND?
I’m not very crazy about bright colours – can’t seem to carry stuff like bright orange and bright red. I gravitate towards colours that soothe my eyes, so pastels are the way to go. My wardrobe is filled with earthy tones (green included), blues (demin too) and black plus a few pieces of blue, pinks and purple.
11. WHAT IS YOUR FAMILY SITUATION? DO YOU HAVE ANY PETS?
I live with my parents (dad’s retired; mum’s still working), three dogs and a fish. The boyfriend is in France. All of them know of my obsession with yarn and knitting BUT they leave me alone. ^.^
12. WHAT ARE YOUR LIFE DREAMS? (REALLY STRETCHING IT HERE, I KNOW)
Realistically, be a good daughter, wife, mother, friend and person. Not realistically speaking? Get rich, splurge on travelling, yarn and build a home in Europe. I’d love to get back to writing but with knitting hogging the limelight, it’s hard to tell.
13. WHAT IS/ARE YOUR FAVORITE YARN/S TO KNIT WITH?
At the moment, I sort of like laceweight or fingering weight merino wool but anything soft to the touch is good. Have yet to try out wool blends with silk, alpaca or cashmere…so it’s not fixed.
14. WHAT FIBERS DO YOU ABSOLUTELY *NOT* LIKE?
No fur yarn please. Novelty yarn (eyelash, acrylics, loopy-s, etc) is fab for beginners but after a while, it’s boring because there is only so much (or little) you can do with novelty yarn.
15. WHAT IS/ARE YOUR CURRENT KNITTING OBSESSION/S?
Laceweight yarn! =.= I seem to be stocking up faster than I can knit. It’s so damn annoying….
16. WHAT IS/ARE YOUR FAVORITE ITEM/S TO KNIT?
Seriously? Baby stuff. I have yet to pick up from my magenta jacket and OSW so hopefully it won’t just be baby stuff over the next few months.
17. WHAT ARE YOU KNITTING RIGHT NOW?
Hats…just hats. Will pick up Kiri (lace shawl) and Les Bleus (socks) soon.
18. WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT PONCHOS?
I like them…even though I haven’t made one yet. *sheepish*
19. DO YOU PREFER STRAIGHT OR CIRCULAR NEEDLES?
20. BAMBOO, ALUMINUM, PLASTIC?
iAluminium…bamboo is great but too ex and plastic is too…pliable for my liking. Hardly suitable for heavy projects.
21. ARE YOU A SOCK KNITTER?
Yes…a beginner to be exact.
22. HOW DID YOU LEARN TO KNIT?
I taught myself.
23. HOW OLD IS YOUR OLDEST UFO?
A few months old now…hm.
24. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ANIMATED CHARACTER OR A FAVORITE ANIMAL/BIRD?
I love horses, guinea pigs and gerbils.
25. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE HOLIDAY?
Christmas! I get to see snow! XD
26. IS THERE ANYTHING THAT YOU COLLECT?
Yarn (of course!) and postcards.
27. WHAT KNITTING MAGAZINE SUBSCRIPTIONS DO YOU HAVE?
28. ANY BOOKS OUT THERE YOU ARE DYING TO GET YOUR HANDS ON?
Look at my Amazon wishlist. ^.^
1. FIRST NAME? Mabel
2. WERE YOU NAMED AFTER ANYONE? Don’t know if this counts but mum first heard of this name through a neighbour and she thought it was pretty.
3. WHEN DID YOU LAST CRY? Last week – suffering from prolonged PMS (when is “she” ever going to visit me?) and too much of missing the boyfriend.
4. DO YOU LIKE YOUR HANDWRITING? Yes, even though I barely write these days.
5. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE LUNCHMEAT? Beef, tripe and lamb.
6. IF YOU WERE ANOTHER PERSON WOULD YOU BE FRIENDS WITH YOU? Why not? But warning, I can be very flirty – of course only with guys.
7. DO YOU HAVE A JOURNAL? Yes. Used to have it on print, then moved everything online. I toyed around with having a blog for work, personal and public all separately but decided that some things are better left unsaid. So I ended up with just one – this.
8. DO YOU STILL HAVE YOUR TONSILS? Yup. Don’t recall going in to remove them.
9. WOULD YOU BUNGEE JUMP? No. I suffer from vertigo.
10. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE CEREAL? Cornflakes or oat squares. I’m a simple person.
11. DO YOU UNTIE YOUR SHOES WHEN YOU TAKE THEM OFF? Nope. ^^
12. DO YOU THINK YOU ARE STRONG? Depends on exactly what you mean. But to a certain degree, yes…although I hate maths. =.=
13. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Anything with praline, toffee, caramel and honeycomb for me please.
15. RED OR PINK? Pink. I don’t like being the centre of attention.
16. WHAT IS THE LEAST FAVORITE THING ABOUT YOURSELF? I’m a worrypot. Sometimes I think of things that aren’t there at all and stress myself silly.
17. WHO DO YOU MISS THE MOST? Nil – the boyfriend. I miss him so much that when I talk to some people, they remind me of him. T.T
18. WHAT FOOD WILL GET YOU OUT OF BED IN THE MIDDLE OF THE NIGHT? I won’t ever get out of bed for food.
19. WHAT COLOUR TROUSERS, SHIRT AND SHOES ARE YOU WEARING? Cream khaki pants, chiffon light brown hippy-looking top with a V-neck and sandals.
20. THE LAST THING YOU ATE? Dried mangoes.
21. WHAT ARE YOU LISTENING TO RIGHT NOW? Sounds of the waterfall from the pond downstairs. (The windows are open.)
22. IF YOU WERE A CRAYON, WHAT COLOR WOULD YOU BE? Lilac. First thing that came into my mind.
23. FAVORITE SMELL? Mango, vanilla, caramel and passionfruit.
24. WHO WAS THE LAST PERSON YOU TALKED TO ON THE PHONE? Graham C.
25. THE FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT PEOPLE? Eyes, smile, voice. Three things. Sometimes it’s all three – wooaaahhh…sometimes it’s just either one. Reaction is always the same. *melts*
26. DO YOU LIKE THE PERSON YOU STOLE THIS FROM? Why not?
27. FAVOURITE DRINK? Water? *giggles*
28. FAVOURITE SPORT? Badminton. ^.^
29. EYE COLOUR? Boring dark brown but I like to think of it as chocolate-y.
30. HAT SIZE? No hats but I fit into a regular adult-sized beanie.
31. DO YOU WEAR CONTACTS? Yup and they are green. ^.~
32. FAVORITE FOOD? Italian pasta & pizza plus French breads.
33. SCARY MOVIES OR HAPPY ENDINGS? Happy endings. Scary movies makes me stay awake forever.
35. SUMMER OR WINTER? Winter – excellent for cuddles. *cheeky*
36. HUGS OR KISSES? Kisses. WAYYYYYY better than hugs.
37. FAVOURITE DESSERT? Fruits.
38. WHAT SIDE OF THE BED DO YOU SLEEP ON AND WHY? Inside – doesn’t matter left & right – for protection, just in case someone storms the bedroom!
39. IF YOU DIDN’T MAKE THE DECISION TO GET MARRIED AND HAVE A FAMILY, WHAT WOULD YOU BE DOING TODAY? Not married yet but my best bet? Working and perhaps living on my own somewhere else apart from M’sia…OH…and flirting with single men (if I was single).
40. WHAT BOOKS ARE YOU READING? None at the moment. Busy with Oz Hatfest.
41. WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD? Dell mouse.
42. WHAT DID YOU WATCH LAST NIGHT ON TV? Emma – this anime. Pretty nice.
43. FAVORITE SOUNDS? Nature. New Age. Jazz. Sax.
44. ROLLING STONE OR BEATLES? Beatles.
45. THE FURTHEST YOU’VE BEEN FROM HOME? French Alps, France.
46. WHAT’S YOUR SPECIAL TALENT? Love…and hate. Hard to explain.
47. WHERE WERE YOU BORN? KL, Malaysia.
48. WHO SENT THIS TO YOU? I flicked it off someone’s blog.